After the service what do you hear about the sermon? What do you read on social media?
- “It wasn’t deep enough.”
- “I loved the message, God spoke to me!”
- “Pastor Bob’s sermon from 1st Church was better, he connects better.”
- “That teaching was challenging and convicted me, thank you!”
- “It was boring and I didn’t get anything out of it.”
- “Pastor brought the heat, can’t wait for next Sunday!”
- “I really couldn’t listen, I’m not happy with the Pastor right now.”
If you have been part of a church for some time you’ve heard all these and more. It’s not a slam on the local church, it’s part of our humanity, but that doesn’t mean it’s all good.
There’s nothing wrong with some constructive criticism, in fact helpful critique is good. But there is a big difference between helpful critique and hurtful criticism about the Sunday sermon.Read More