There are many ways to stall out your ministry. You could make a quick list like this one:
- Busy instead of productive
- Lack of vision
- Low morale
- Scattered more than focused
- Trying to please everyone
- You can add one to the list _______________________
But there is one leadership misstep that will stall out your ministry every time.
If you need people more than you feed people, you will soon be leading from empty.
- If you need people to fill volunteer roles.
- If you need people to help you grow your church.
- If you need people to give money.
- If you need people to believe in the vision.
- If you need people to trust your leadership.
You may be thinking, “Wait a minute, every leader needs people to do that stuff!”
Yes, but it’s all about the order, (of need & feed), and what’s underneath driving you. It’s not semantics.